Monday, May 31, 2010

Trucks Roll: How to practice being a rap star...sort of...


Title: Trucks Roll
Author: George Ella Lyon
Illustrator: Craig Frazier
Age Range: 2-6
Genre: Picture book

My 2-year son is a cars and trucks fiend.  He loves them. He sits inside our house, on trash day, admiring the trucks coming by taking away the refuse.  He'll yell at the top of his lungs, "Mommy it's TRUCK" in his most excited and happy voice.  He pushes his trucks around the house saying ,"Truck, truck truck" and just gets so into it.

I picked this book up because of the picture on the cover.  I liked the big simple lines on the truck and immediately thought my son would like it.  When I showed it to him, he yelled, "TRUCK" and immediately became close friends with the book.  Later when I read it, I fell in love with the INSIDE as there are some really great pictures within AND a great rhyme and rhythm to the text.
Trucks' wheels
go 'round and 'round
Trucks' pistons
go up and down

Trucks roll! (Lyon)
When I started reading it, my son's ears immediately perked up.  I could tell he could feel the rhythm and he especially liked my raucous TRUCKS ROLL!  I have to admit I felt a bit like a rap star with my son on his bed bopping to the cool rhythms of the words.  After reading it to him several times over the past few days, he started picking up the book himself saying, "TRUCKS ROLL!"

There are wonderful illustrations within, depicting all the things that trucks do like carrying huge chocolate cookies, clocks, apple juice, ice cream.  It's a fantastic book, especially for you boys who love their trucks.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit I felt a bit like a rap star with my son on his bed bopping to the cool rhythms of the words. After reading it to him several times over the past few days, he started picking up the book himself saying, "TRUCKS ROLL!" Las Vegas Used Cars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Likes considerably improve the recognition with the webpage and with the many best range depend; many people will probably be thinking about your account. www.buyautoiglikes.com/instagram-likes/ The companies which supply these goods and providers, will present you with non-automated or robotic likes and provide you with genuine Instagram likes. The good variable relating to this is they may be immediately despatched on your account this means you wouldn't have to attend that substantially. And when you are a organization, raising your Instagram likes are likely to be beneficial.

    ReplyDelete